Many edentulous patients use traditional, removable dentures to replace missing teeth because they lack the bone density to support an implant-retained dental prosthetic or are unwilling to undergo the three plus month healing and osseointegration process before receiving their permanent smile restoration. At Transforming Smiles, we offer patients a fast, effective alternative to dentures or traditional dental implants: TeethXpress from BioHorizons. This revolutionary, immediate load dental implant technology allows patients with lost jawbone density to receive permanent, natural dental prosthetics in just one appointment.
TeethXpress from BioHorizons offers patients many advantages compared with other forms of dental implant technology even other immediate load implants. Some of the many benefits of TeethXpress include:
- Quick – In just one visit, patients receive beautiful, natural looking and feeling smile restorations. The customized TeethXpress from BioHorizons dental implants utilize Laser-Lok technology that improves the bond between the implant and bone and gum tissue enabling implants to immediately stabilize a full set of dentures.
- Personalized – TeethXpress from BioHorizons offers patients various sizes and shapes of implants and abutments (the connection between teeth and implant) making it possible for patients to receive a 100% customized treatment plan.
- No bone augmentation – Thanks to tapered short dental implants with Laser-Lok Complete technology, patients with minimal bone density are able to receive a TeethXpress from BioHorizonsdenture.
- Improved dental function – Compared with traditional dentures, patients with implant retained dental prosthetics of any kind experience up to 70% improvement in dental function when chewing and speaking.
- Increased rate of success – TeethXpress from BioHorizons has a 99.2% success rate, and is a viable option for many patients who are not typically considered candidates for dental implants.
The TeethXpress Process
The TeethXpress from BioHorizons implant placement and restoration attachment process can take up to 4 hours. Unless patients have a low threshold for pain or experience dental anxiety, the treatment is considered relatively painless and is performed using only local anesthetic. The procedure begins with the placement of between 4 and 6 evenly distributed dental implants. The denture is then attached to the implant using an abutment post to secure the prosthetic. That’s it. Once the new teeth are in place, they are secure and permanent. Following treatment, patients may experience minimal discomfort, but healing occurs very quickly. For a few weeks after the procedure, patients use a medicated mouth rinse to clean their dentures, and after, dentists recommend using a water pik to clean the prosthetic.
Find Out More
If you’re interested in finding out more about how the revolutionary TeethXpress from BioHorizons dental implant system can transform your smile, contact Transforming Smiles in Lawrenceville today.